Error publishing On GISonline

Jump to solution
03-02-2016 01:08 PM
CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish my datat from ARcMAP to GISonline{Share as service} and get error

see error attached.

Any clue on how to fix my table?

Thank you.

C

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Carole,

The 1000 feature limit applies only to data that is stored in the web map (add layers from files in the map viewer). If you add the CSV as an item and publish the service as described in this document, then you will publish a feature service which does not have a feature limit.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

18 Replies
CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

How do I generate feature for the Excel sheet?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I'm guessing you are wanting to display the data from your excel table onto your map? If so, right click on it in the table of contents and choose Display XY Data: And follow the prompts.

Or this document explains how to add your XY data another way:

Adding x,y coordinate data as a layer—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I was successful displaying it to the map successfully. It is sharing it onto GIS Online that gives me issues.

Tks a lot

C

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

It looks like you cannot publish a standalone table and there is a standalone table in your table of contents. To see your full list of objects in your TOC, click on the List by Source icon . Here you can see your table and can remove them so that you can publish successfully.

Are you wanting to generate features from an XY column in your excel sheet?

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

I will try this.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ShylaLiebscher1
New Contributor II

You have three options:

-put your tables in a geodatabase and this error should go away (but will copy to arcgis online)

-join your tables to your feature and export to a new shapefile with the attributes included

-use XY coordinates to create the feature and export to a shapefile for loading

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Could you please explain?

_put your tables in a geodatabase and this error should go away (but will copy to arcgis online)

To do this, do I turn the excel into shape first through X, Y?

-join your tables to your feature and export to a new shapefile with the attributes included

join it with the shape file ?

I did this, and it still had the error.

Thank you for your help.

C

0 Kudos
ShylaLiebscher1
New Contributor II

put your tables in a geodatabase and this error should go away (but will copy to arcgis online)-

To do this, do I turn the excel into shape first through X, Y?

NO just load the table into your geodatabase through the catalog

oin your tables to your feature and export to a new shapefile with the attributes included

join it with the shape file ?

-Yes

I did this, and it still had the error.

-Did you export to a shapefile, because just displaying events does not actually create data

0 Kudos
ShylaLiebscher1
New Contributor II

Also, if you don't need them be just shapes, converting from XY will take up more space on AOGOL and esentially use more credits. If you just want to share the table I would use the geodatabase option since it wont store all the files that have to draw shapes, just basically the dbf.