Error publishing On GISonline

Jump to solution
03-02-2016 01:08 PM
CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to publish my datat from ARcMAP to GISonline{Share as service} and get error

see error attached.

Any clue on how to fix my table?

Thank you.

C

0 Kudos
18 Replies
CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Okay,

In the ARC Catalog, I just Right clicked on the Excel file and did Export to Gdb...

Then saved the file with dbf extension and I gave me an error.

Am I doing this right?

Tks

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

If you are wanting to export your excel sheet to a geodatabase, you do not add an extension. In the geodatabase, it knows that it is a table so no extension is necessary.

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Adrian,

I tried so many things and not able to get this in a gdb. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I will continue to try.

C

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Carole,

When you are adding your data to ArcMap in excel is there processing, symbolizing or formatting of the data that you need to perform prior to publishing or are you looking to get the data displayed in a web map based on the XY values?

If your data is ready to be published, try saving the excel sheet as a CSV and following the publish from CSV workflow in ArcGIS Online:

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

-Kelly

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Kelly.

I did that , but because I have more than 1000 features, it won't publish...

actually, I have been able to get it into ARcmap and creates a Shapefile.

Now I would like to take it to GIS online to make some overlay analysis with other data.

Thank you..

C

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

There are a few ways to add a shapefile to ArcGIS Online. This page lists many different ways and should help you to get the data on the web that you want to see:

Add layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Carole,

The 1000 feature limit applies only to data that is stored in the web map (add layers from files in the map viewer). If you add the CSV as an item and publish the service as described in this document, then you will publish a feature service which does not have a feature limit.

-Kelly

CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

Hello Kelly,

To your question

When you are adding your data to ArcMap in excel is there processing, symbolizing or formatting of the data that you need to perform prior to publishing or are you looking to get the data displayed in a web map based on the XY values?

Actually, I was able to add the data on ArcMap with no problem at all. I have made a shape file and projected the data and it is fine... Though, because I will like to do more analysis in GIS Online, I need the data to be published in GIS online and that is where I get a hold up.. saying that table is a stand alone. So I am trying to move past this Standalone issue and have not so far

If your data is ready to be published, try saving the excel sheet as a CSV and following the publish from CSV workflow in ArcGIS Online:

I will go to your most recent answer to this question and reply.

Thank you again.

C

0 Kudos
CaroleWacta
Occasional Contributor

I believe I got it to work using zip shape file through Add Items.

Thank you all for all the help and support

C