Exporting AGOL data to FGDB deletes domain descriptions and subtypes

03-21-2018 09:03 AM
BradMead
New Contributor III

We are trying to export data collected in Collector from AGOL to a FGDB, but have run into a couple issues. Our domain descriptions are deleted and subtypes are as well (the domains associated with them are no longer in the exported FGDB). In the provided screen shots, the species attribute is a subtype of species group.

We have tried editting the data in Arcmap without exporting, but the problem persists and the subtype data fields are seemingly random numbers that don't even correspond to the codes for those entries.

The data looks perfect in AGOL, but we want to run some geoprocessing tools and spatial joins on the data and have been thrwarted by this error. We are running 10.2.1 if that helps. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

I created a request on "Ideas" that you can vote on. Unfortunately, when I last did a download from AGOL about a month ago I saw the problems still persist. I don't think it is a desktop version issue as I have seen it in 10.2.2 and 10.3.1. The problem is likely the conversion from AGOL's GeoJSON format back to File GDB domains and subtypes.

0 Kudos
BradMead
New Contributor III

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am thinking about dropping subtypes from our data and making coded values the same as the descriptions to sort of get around this issue. 

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Sure. I wasn't even aware of the subtype issue, but I can see that being a major problem. I'll see if I can add it to my Idea because it is definitely related. When I was viewing your thread I noticed another similar thread that had a workaround for subtypes (symbolize using them), but it may not work for your case.

0 Kudos