Field Data Collection using ArcGIS Online?

03-19-2013 02:50 PM
DavidHatchner
New Contributor
Were looking to use ArcGIS Online for Organizations to collect and edit data in the field using phones or tablets. Unfortunately I am not seeing an easy way to pull my data back down to a local SDE geodatabase once field data collection is complete. Am I missing something, or is my spatial data and related photos locked in the cloud once published?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
MingshuYin
New Contributor
is any additional information about how to download the photo data to desktop from online collector yet?
0 Kudos
CarynAshbay
New Contributor III
When I "Create a local copy", my attachment database is empty. I am using 10.2.  Am I missing something?
0 Kudos
AbdulahadMalik3
New Contributor

Has there been any progress about this issue?

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

From the item page of the feature layer, you can click on a layer (small arrow next to layer name) and export it to a file geodatabase that will contain all attachments.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBowers
New Contributor

Mike,

I've tried this several times on multiple feature services and get an error each time. Each service has 7,000+ points with attachments. Is there a size limit for creating a file geodatabase this way?

error.jpg

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Michael,

There shouldn't be a limit. Can you share your feature service with us so we can check it out?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelBowers
New Contributor

What would be the best way to provide this to you? Email?

0 Kudos
MelanieRosenberg2
Occasional Contributor II

Was this problem ever resolved? I want to download photos collected with Collector on a service hosted on AGOL (not server). I tried all methods mentioned above with no success.  How can I download the data with attachments (maybe as relative paths to another db?)

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Melanie Rosenberg

You should be able to go to the item page, find the layer in question that contains the attachments, then click the small arrow next to the layer name to export to a file geodatabase. The file geodatabase should get created as a file item in My Content, which you can then download.

If you are having problems exporting, there may be a problem that is specific to your hosted layer. In this case, I recommend calling Esri Support so they can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
CharlemagneLosaria2
New Contributor

hello all,

is there a way to load features to existing backup geodatabase along with the attachments captured using collector for AcrGIS?

0 Kudos