I have multiple color-coded maps in ArcGIS online. I'd like to display a new color-coded map that tells which of the original maps has the maximum value in each area.

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 03:06 PM
PeteMcGill
New Contributor II

I'm using ArcGIS online.  My color-coded maps give the number of households in each of 7 selected tapestry market segments within each census tract of the study area (nearly 1000 census tracts).  I'd like to create a new color-coded map that assigns to each census tract the name of the tapestry segment that has the largest number of households.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete, 

Using the Predominance symbology option might help:

Although here Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS, it says it's for '2 to 5 related numeric attributes with the same unit of measurement' but it might help you on your way to getting the right result!

Carmel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Pete, 

Using the Predominance symbology option might help:

Although here Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS, it says it's for '2 to 5 related numeric attributes with the same unit of measurement' but it might help you on your way to getting the right result!

Carmel

PeteMcGill
New Contributor II

Thanks.  That worked perfectly and easily (except that I was hoping to compare 7 or 8 segments).