No option for Create Local Copy

Jump to solution
09-21-2017 08:34 PM
PatrickFilipelli1
New Contributor

When I try to bring my hosted feature layer in to ArcMap, there is no option to create local copy. I right click in the table of contents and the only options I have are: Start Editing, Define New Types of Features (greyed out), and Organize Feature Templates. 

When I click Start Editing I am informed that no layers are editable. Why can't I see the create local copy option?

I am just dragging and dropping the feature layer from "my hosted services."

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To make a local copy of a feature service, it must be published with Create, Delete, and Update capabilities enabled.

Go to the Item Details page of the Hosted Feature Layer(in a Web Browser) > Settings > EditingEnable Editing with appropriate permissions.

In ArcMap, sign-out and sign-in again to your AGOL account. Add the Hosted Feature Layer to ArcMap. In Table of Contents (List by Drawing Order), right-click the group layer containing the feature layer.

Think Location

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To make a local copy of a feature service, it must be published with Create, Delete, and Update capabilities enabled.

Go to the Item Details page of the Hosted Feature Layer(in a Web Browser) > Settings > EditingEnable Editing with appropriate permissions.

In ArcMap, sign-out and sign-in again to your AGOL account. Add the Hosted Feature Layer to ArcMap. In Table of Contents (List by Drawing Order), right-click the group layer containing the feature layer.

Think Location