Public Maps Gallery template 1.3.1--Opening Post

09-28-2011 10:55 AM
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Maps Gallery template version 1.3.1.

Note: The comments on the template through Sep 28, 2011 have been copied to this thread so that you can view all the questions and answers in one location.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
160 Replies
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
smallje (September 12, 2011)

Hi, the video for editing this template is great! One question though: How do I change the words: Maps and Layers in the heading and the links under Layers heading on the right of the Index page? Also, I am able to correctly have my group show (using the group ID finder); however, when I click on the individual pages, the maps never load. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
smallje (September 12, 2011)

Hi, the video for editing this template is great! One question though: How do I change the words: Maps and Layers in the heading and the links under Layers heading on the right of the Index page? Also, I am able to correctly have my group show (using the group ID finder); however, when I click on the individual pages, the maps never load. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again!

Hi smallje, You can change the heading by editing index.html and changing the H1 tag. You can edit the links on the right by changing the layers group ID. If you do not want to show the layers, you can remove the DIV tags with id's of "featuredLayers" and "layers_pagination". We've updated the code slightly to fix your third question. Try using version 1.3.1. Hope that helps!
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
dvaillancourt (September 12, 2011)

I have talked to several users who think it would be beneficial for the "fullscreen map" to open up in the ArcGIS.com viewer. This would also enable the user to turn layers off and on, and also allow them to switch basemaps and enter address information. Everyone wants the ability to switch basemap, and find an address. Thanks for the nice template.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
dvaillancourt (September 12, 2011)

I have talked to several users who think it would be beneficial for the "fullscreen map" to open up in the ArcGIS.com viewer. This would also enable the user to turn layers off and on, and also allow them to switch basemaps and enter address information. Everyone wants the ability to switch basemap, and find an address. Thanks for the nice template.

Hi dvaillancourt, that's a great idea. We will include that as an option to turn on in the next version of this template. (1.4). Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Hi smallje, You can change the heading by editing index.html and changing the H1 tag. You can edit the links on the right by changing the layers group ID. If you do not want to show the layers, you can remove the DIV tags with id's of "featuredLayers" and "layers_pagination". We've updated the code slightly to fix your third question. Try using version 1.3.1. Hope that helps!

smallje (September 14, 2011)

Hi! Thank you for the help!! I downloaded the new version (1.3.1), but my maps still don't seem to load. I had my IT department look at it and they don't think it's a firewall issue. Also, do I found the layerID the same way I found a groupID? By using the finder link? Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
smallje (September 14, 2011)

Hi! Thank you for the help!! I downloaded the new version (1.3.1), but my maps still don't seem to load. I had my IT department look at it and they don't think it's a firewall issue. Also, do I found the layerID the same way I found a groupID? By using the finder link? Thanks again!

smallje, Yes, you can use the same ID finder to choose a group of layers. What is your group ID? I'll see if I can figure out the issue you are having. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
jamesh (September 12, 2011)
No luck - the map from my group refers to a local site that doesn't exist-not my group on the internet
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
jamesh (September 12, 2011)
No luck - the map from my group refers to a local site that doesn't exist-not my group on the internet

jamesh, Try downloading the code again (1.3.1). I believe this will fix your issue. Let me know if you are still having problems. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
sirianne (September 14, 2011)

What do I need to do when I enter the url into the Group ID Finder tool and no groups are found? I just created a new group within the last hour. I opened the group, copied the URL and pasted it into the Group ID Finder. Is there a delay or might I be doing something wrong?
0 Kudos