Public Maps Gallery template 1.3.1--Opening Post

09-28-2011 10:55 AM
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III

Please reply to this opening post to submit questions and comments about the Public Maps Gallery template version 1.3.1.

Note: The comments on the template through Sep 28, 2011 have been copied to this thread so that you can view all the questions and answers in one location.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
160 Replies
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
I've downloaded the code, looked up my group, and replaced the group number in the config.js file, but it still doesn't show my maps.  Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Clint,

Make sure that your group is set to public and that there is at least one web map in the group. Layers and other items will not show by default. To test, try putting a basic webmap in your group from the  default gallery group id.

Let me know if that helps.
0 Kudos
AimeeMandeville
New Contributor II
I am stepping through the article in the Fall Issue of ArcUser on how to manage your own Custom map Gallery.  I am having trouble getting the layer packages to show up in the Layers section of the Gallery. Both my maps and layer packages are in the same Map Gallery Group.   I've read through the posts here and just need some clarification.  Does the Layer group point to layer packages as it describes in the article or layer services?  Also do these layer packages need to have been created in 10.0 service pack 3 or will older 10 files work?  Thank-you for you help.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-K_IRAXrpGKsG
New Contributor III
I am using the Public Maps Gallery Template to create my own map gallery. Does anyone know how to toggle layers once they have shared and used in a gallery? Right now I have 5 different layers on one map and want the ability to turn certain layers on and off.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Is there any way to have checkboxes to toggle layers on and off once the maps are on the maps gallery template? Right now the legend just has static images, it would great for the user to toggle layers on and off. That way, I don't need to create a new map for every polygon layer i make (unemployment, workforce, median income, etc.)

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Is there any way to have checkboxes to toggle layers on and off once the maps are on the maps gallery template? Right now the legend just has static images, it would great for the user to toggle layers on and off. That way, I don't need to create a new map for every polygon layer i make (unemployment, workforce, median income, etc.)

Thanks!

Yes, this is going to be in the next version of this template under the about tab of the map. It could be edited or moved to another location with a little configuration. This was something that was requested from someone else as well.

demo:
http://www.esri.com/public-maps-gallery/v1.4/map.html?webmap=d2bd434c9bfd4603a6b9de22563b6e95

Thanks
0 Kudos
JacobMcGlade
New Contributor II
I figured out how to get those legend items showing in the right column. Navigate to global.css and remove the following code. It might be easiest to search for it.

#legendMenu .esriLegendServiceLabel {
    display:none;
}

Let me know if that works for you. I'll have it in the next update.

Thanks

Yes it worked, thank you!
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Can I use this template yet?
0 Kudos
CarlAlexander
New Contributor III
Now that the android app is out can someone post the link to replace <p>Android available soon.</p> to a link that someone can download the app.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II
Greetings.
I am using a very stripped down of this template here:
http://www.peoriacounty.org/GIS/

You can see that there is a slight formatting error in-between my "IL Legislature" and "Peoria Tweets" applications. I have looked all over this forum and haven't been able to figure out why those thumbnails are different.  I am using Grid_8 to get the 2x4 layout  but i just can't figure out this misalignment.

Any assistance is appreciated.
0 Kudos
Esriwebmap
New Contributor III
Now that the android app is out can someone post the link to replace <p>Android available soon.</p> to a link that someone can download the app.  Thanks.

Here is the link to download the Android app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.esri.android.client

You can find the android marketplace button on this page:
http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/publishing.html

Thanks
0 Kudos