Publishing tiles either works in 15 min or freezes

Jump to solution
11-25-2013 09:23 AM
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III
Hi, I have a number of tile packages that have been created locally and uploaded to our organizations ArcGIS Online account. We now want to publish these tiles but are running into some inconsistent processing of the tile packages. In some cases the packages are published in under 15 minutes with no issues, in other instances the packages (sometimes the same test package) will only process up to a certain percent of the tiles and then freeze. We've waited over night with no further progress.

When testing this process on their free accounts before switching to the organizations account, every test to publish the tiles packages worked in under 15 minutes.

Any help in understanding what the issue is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMedeiros
I've been meaning to update this thread for a while, sorry.

This issue turned out to be that (due to a scripting error) some of the uploaded tile packages were actually empty which caused ArcGIS Online to choke on their publishing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi David,

Please send me a direct message with some details about this such as the date and time you published the services, as well as the user who's trying to publish the services.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum
I have also been struggling to get a tile package up to my online account.
I have a tpk which is ~50Mb. Yesterday I used the "Share Package" tool to upload it.
Left it running for ages, but noticed that the progressor bar would get to about 80%, then it would mysterious start again. No idea if it was doing different parts of the process or it was actually resetting itself. While this was happening my bandwidth was totally chewed up, so it was sending something somewhere.
Eventually cancelled it after 3hrs.
Any advice?
Cheers,
Neil
0 Kudos
MirBBenesov
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
DavidMedeiros
I've been meaning to update this thread for a while, sorry.

This issue turned out to be that (due to a scripting error) some of the uploaded tile packages were actually empty which caused ArcGIS Online to choke on their publishing.
0 Kudos