Remove Unique Features from Display

Jump to solution
11-20-2013 06:28 AM
SophiaWalsh
New Contributor III
I have a few layers that I would like to add to an ArcGIS.com map so that I can display it on our website.  One is a trails layer that shows all the trails in our county.  I would like for this layer to only show canoe/water trails for the particular map that I am working on, but I can't figure out how to turn off those unique features.  Any ideas?

In addition, is there a way to group symbology in ArcGIS.com?

Thank you for your help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Once you have it set up, just load your layer into ArcGIS Desktop and then work on it so it looks like you want it to look (group symbology and only show trails). Once you have it setup like you want it, publish it as a feature service though ArcGIS Desktop to your ArcGIS online account. Let me know if you need help with that!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Sophia,

Do you have an organizational account? If so, did you upload your layer as a feature service through ArcGIS Desktop?

Tim
0 Kudos
SophiaWalsh
New Contributor III
Thanks for your quick reply Tim.  I am working with my IT staff to get our account set up.
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Once you have it set up, just load your layer into ArcGIS Desktop and then work on it so it looks like you want it to look (group symbology and only show trails). Once you have it setup like you want it, publish it as a feature service though ArcGIS Desktop to your ArcGIS online account. Let me know if you need help with that!