Unable to show/hide column or edit values

02-24-2023 01:50 PM
Labels (1)
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

I have a feature layer that I created from scratch in AGOL for use in Field Maps. I was able to add fields, show/hide columns, etc. when I created the layer. But now that I have collected some data in the layer, I am unable to make any changes to it.

I have layer editing turned on and sync turned off. I created the layer, and I have permission to edit it.

I've tried to show a hidden column on the layer's Data page, and the column shows up just fine. But once I reload the page, the column disappears again. In the first image, you can see the column "Name not on list" is visible. The second image is the table after I refresh the page. The column is no longer there.

I have also tried to edit values, but the changes disappear after they've been entered.

I'm not getting any error codes or other indications that I'm doing anything wrong. I'm guessing there's a setting I need to fix, but I can't figure it out. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Show column.png

Show column 2.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

To get a hidden field to permanently show up in the data table, you have to configure the pop-up through the Visualization tab of the item details page and then save the layer. 

Not quite sure why the values aren't saving for you....does toggling on sync change anything with that?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
swhitcombMCC
New Contributor III

The pop-up configuration fixed the column issue. Thanks!

Turning on sync didn't affect my ability to edit values.

0 Kudos