ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 Why do some tax lines disappear after you use the "Clip" tool with the "Discard" option?

Jump to solution
08-18-2023 08:32 AM
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

I am currently working a a temp Fabric until we migrate to Enterprise. I am experiencing tax lines disappearing once I execute the clip tool. I am currently having to redraw the tax line and add it to my active record. Is this a bug, due to this being a temp Fabric, etc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

@AshleyPotter  - No I haven't. I noticed you asked this question today during the meetup. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm thinking my problem is due to the fact that a line stays associated to its original record if it is unchanged by the edit. Even if I use the Copy Lines To tool, If I don't change the lines, they aren't going to end up in the new record, so when I hit the "Show Only Active" button, those unchanged lines disappear. @JasonCamerano mentioned that today in his demonstration - he has probably said it before in his other presentations, but today was the first time I actually heard it and it made sense to me.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JeffWard

I am experiencing the same thing. It happens when I merge two parcels as well.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

Have you reached out to ESRI on this? 

JeffWard

@AshleyPotter  - No I haven't. I noticed you asked this question today during the meetup. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm thinking my problem is due to the fact that a line stays associated to its original record if it is unchanged by the edit. Even if I use the Copy Lines To tool, If I don't change the lines, they aren't going to end up in the new record, so when I hit the "Show Only Active" button, those unchanged lines disappear. @JasonCamerano mentioned that today in his demonstration - he has probably said it before in his other presentations, but today was the first time I actually heard it and it made sense to me.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

I am wondering if the latest patch he mentioned will fix your issue. On the other hand, I heard several things that I haven't heard on other presentations I have listened to and research I have done. What he says made sense in his response, however, I thought I was doing it the way he said. I have been busy trying to get the transform CAD layer add-in to appear, I haven't tried again. 

0 Kudos
-_Ashley-B-Potter_-
New Contributor III

I hit the wrong button 🤦‍:female_sign:

0 Kudos
JeffWard

I had to close and restart Pro to see it in the Add-In Manger section of the backstage.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
MatthewBeal

I have noticed that when I have this issue, if I undo the clip, save the project, and reopen, 9 times out of 10 it clips properly and preserves the line once I reopen it. This definitely seems like a bug. 

0 Kudos