Parcel Fabric Local Government Model GBD Feature Class Deletes

Jump to solution
10-17-2023 12:13 PM
MarkWasdahl1
New Contributor

Environment: ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3.

Original Local Government Model, Parcel Fabric, includes Feature Classes (PLSS_Quarter_Section, PLSS_Quarter_Section_Lines, Conveyance_Division, and Conveyance_Division_Lines) that don't fit into our right-of-way parcel types. When trying to delete those Feature Classes, the outcome is a message:

MarkWasdahl1_0-1697569720507.png

I have a second Parcel Fabric, Local Government Model also, that has none of the four listed Feature Classes. So, I am not buying the "required dataset" message. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Mark,

I see messages similar to this when trying to delete a feature class if I have forgotten to first remove the parcel type from the fabric. You should be able to delete those feature classes. To remove the parcel type, right click on the fabric in the Catalog pane, and click Manage->Remove Parcel type, then in the GP tool that's presented, enter the name of the parcel type to be removed. You'd repeat this for each parcel type.

TimHodson_0-1697571155238.png

After removing the parcel type, the feature classes should be "released" from their controller, and you can try the delete again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DrewDowling
Occasional Contributor III

Are the feature classes you are trying to delete still part of the fabric as parcel types?

0 Kudos
MarkWasdahl1
New Contributor

Yes. I followed Tim Hodson's directions and was subsequently able to delete the Feature Classes.

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Mark,

I see messages similar to this when trying to delete a feature class if I have forgotten to first remove the parcel type from the fabric. You should be able to delete those feature classes. To remove the parcel type, right click on the fabric in the Catalog pane, and click Manage->Remove Parcel type, then in the GP tool that's presented, enter the name of the parcel type to be removed. You'd repeat this for each parcel type.

TimHodson_0-1697571155238.png

After removing the parcel type, the feature classes should be "released" from their controller, and you can try the delete again.

MarkWasdahl1
New Contributor

The Feature Classes would not delete until I first deleted all data contained within them. All good to go now.

0 Kudos