Access to Closest Facility location service

Jump to solution
11-16-2022 04:05 PM
Labels (1)
maglourenco
New Contributor III

Greetings everyone,

I tried to run a Closest Facility task using the Closest Facility location service from ArcGIS.

It did not succeed and returned the following error: 

Spoiler
Closest facility task failed to load: java.io.IOException: The API key `*4O6gt` is invalid, expired, or does not have access to the resource: `https://route-api.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/ClosestFacility/NAServer/ClosestFacility_Wor...`. Please visit https://developers.arcgis.com/api-keys to configure the API key to access the resource, or to create a new API key.

I went to check my account privileges. I have an ArcGIS for Developers account with an Essential plan. According to my account details, I have access to the ArcGIS Location services, which include the Routing service. However, I noticed that the Closest Facility service scope was 'pay-as-you-go'.

closest facility.PNG

Thus my question is: do I need to enable the pay-as-you-go billing to use the ClosestFacility ArcGIS location service, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rsands
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@maglourenco you are correct. In order to use the Closest Facilities location service with a developer essentials plan, you must enable billing on your plan. 

With a Developer Essentials account, you can use any of the location services with that have a free tier, up to the limit of that service's free tier. Any service that does not have a free tier, including Closest facilities, can only be accessed once billing is added. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

This would be better in the ArcGIS Platform questions space

0 Kudos
rsands
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@maglourenco you are correct. In order to use the Closest Facilities location service with a developer essentials plan, you must enable billing on your plan. 

With a Developer Essentials account, you can use any of the location services with that have a free tier, up to the limit of that service's free tier. Any service that does not have a free tier, including Closest facilities, can only be accessed once billing is added. 

maglourenco
New Contributor III

Thank you very much for the clarification! Cheers

0 Kudos
JaredFaulk
New Contributor III

is this also the case for a the Professional Developer subscription? I am trying to access closest facility but am not getting results back. If we must enable billing, how do I  use my Esri Portal credits? Thanks.

0 Kudos