Adding data to a Relationship class in one workflow

11-07-2022 01:09 AM
Labels (2)
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have created a Feature class, and three Geodatabase Tables in a SDE (Enterprise Geodatabase). I have then created a Relationship class (1:M) between the Feature class and each Table. I have added Gloabl ID's to each layer and table and made them the Primary and Foreign Key and added Attachments as well.

LarsElmkr_Chwastek_2-1667811920895.png

The idea is to use these layers and tables in Field Maps both online and offline. And I wanted the workflow to be, that a user would add a point in the Feature class, populate this layer, and then click on the related Tables and populate them as well, or populate the related tables on a later occasion..

However, when I try to do this workflow in ArcGIS Pro, the "attribues tool" is empty for all the related tables. This is how it looks for the Feature Class.  

LarsElmkr_Chwastek_0-1667811450890.png

And this is how it looks for the Relationship class Tables:

LarsElmkr_Chwastek_1-1667811540186.png

The fields of the tables are not even shown..?!? My idea was to be able to continue adding data in these tables. I have tried publishing the layers to our Portal and opening the web map and edit it there, but again it is like the relation between the layers is not taking effect. I can see the relation, but not add data right away.

If I open the Web map in Field Maps, I can edit data in the correct workflow, but when I look at the data afterwards, I can't see the related data in the tables, when I click on a point in the Feature class.

I have created Relationship class' before where they worked fine. This time I'm also using Traditional versioning, so I don't know if there is anything to be aware of in that regard.

Looking forward to a lot of great suggestions 🙂

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@LarsElmkær_Chwastek 

The first screenshot shows the Origin Foreign Key is a GlobalID. Seems like it should be a GUID and not a GlobalID. This article explains how to set it up: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000028010

0 Kudos
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your answer. 🙂

I actually tried following the steps in the article the first time, but since I want Sync capability and therefor needed versioning, it came back with a lot of errors when trying to publish to our Portal. They seemed to disappear when i changed them both to Global ID's. 

But I will give it another shot with the GUID, and see if I've done something wrong the first time. 🙂