Arc Pro "Add Data" error when using Transform Tool

11-09-2022 01:57 PM
WadeG-FORstaff
New Contributor

Hi. When I click on the Transform Tool I get this error message: "Error extracting link layer package.
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\LayerTemplates\Editing\en-US\Links2D.lpkx". The program cannot seem to find the shapefiles I am trying to edit. Any ideas as to what is going on?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you extract the package? or add the featureclasses prior to using Transform?

Package Layer (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@WadeG-FORstaff Does that path exist on your machine? C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\LayerTemplates\Editing\en-US\

0 Kudos
Shimona_Kealy
New Contributor

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@Shimona_Kealy Does that path exist on your machine? C:\ProgramFiles\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\LayerTemplates\Editing\en-US\  ?

0 Kudos
EShek
by
New Contributor

@Shimona_Kealy  I had the same issue and just resolved with the help from ESRI Support.

It appears to be a system/software glitch, the “Links” won’t be able to extract from the layer package when activate the Transform tool. Below is the workaround:

1. Close all current ArcGIS Pro Project
  2. Go to the directory (file explorer) and click to open the file \\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\LayerTemplates\Editing\en-US\Links2D.lpkx
    (The file should be opened with ArcGIS Pro)
  3. Add the data that you are working on for Spatial Transformation to the newly open project.
  4. Follow the steps to activate the Transform tool: start the edit session and select the Transform tool
    ** You should see the “Links” layer in the Contents pane **
    EShek_0-1692984278564.png
  5. Click on “Add new links” and you should be able to start adding links
  6. Go back to your original project that you have issue. Try activate the Transform tool and "Links" should be added to Contents pane

Good Luck and hope this helps. 

0 Kudos