ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to read the values of a field in table from other fields in other tables?

12-13-2023 10:05 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to read the values of a field in table from other fields in other tables?

For example, in the screenshot below, I wanted to read the value of the “ParcelNumber” field from the “Ref_P” and the “Owner” from the “OwnerName”.

How this can be managed in ArcGIS Pro?

Clip_115.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
5 Replies
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @JamalNUMAN,

You are looking for relates. We need to define the relationship between the layers: Introduction to joins and relates—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

From there, you can access this data from the table menu and in pop-ups: View related data—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I hope this helps. Please stay safe in Palestine,

- Alycia

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Another route is a database view but it requires an Enterprise Geodatabase AND just like a join or relate, requires a common field between the two tables.

Bud
by
Notable Contributor

If the relationships are 1:1, then you could use multiple joins.

Or, I suppose since joins in ArcGIS Pro are 1:M (not 1:1), you could use joins even if your data isn't 1:1.

Feel free to vote for Virtual Attributes (ad hoc), since that kind of functionality might be helpful in this kind of scenario too.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

What I wanted here is a dynamic domain that can read its values from fields in other tables as per the screenshots below. Is that still possible?

Clip_649.jpgClip_650.jpgClip_651.jpgClip_652.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor
  1. What kind of database?
  2. Do you need it to be in a field in a feature class? Maybe you could use an attribute rule.
  3. Or, would it be acceptable to use a read-only query like a database view or a query layer? If yes, your database might have an SQL aggregate function similar to Oracle's LISTAGG: https://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/functions/listagg.php

On second thought, are you asking for this? Use SDE table as Domain Table

You could use the Table to Domain tool to use the rows from your tables as domains. If you're worried about keeping the domains up to date using your table data, you could run a scheduled task (model or python script) to update your domains using your tables -- on a nightly schedule, or something like that.

ArcGIS Pro Videos —> Table to Domain Geoprocessing Tool

0 Kudos