ArcPro Labeling modifiers unavailable (Positioning, Fitting Strategy, and Conflict resolution)

06-27-2016 08:33 AM
BrettGovernanti1
New Contributor III

Any ideas? Label class parameters are unavailable on the feature (Positioning, Fitting Strategy, and Conflict resolution). I want to stack labels and lay down labels along the plane of the street

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi

Are you working in 3D?

If so, you will only have access to the Position dropdown on the first tab when your data is in the 3D group.

If your data is in the 2D group you will not be able to label.

Please let me know if this is the case.  If it isn't, we can look into further troubleshooting.

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
srikanthkurukundu
New Contributor II

Hi Wendy,

I am also facing the same issue as Brett. I am working on 3d Scene, but when try to set the position, tabs under Position menu are disabled for some reason!!. Is this bug in ArcPro 1.2?

Basically I have to position the labels of polygon on edges instead of showing them in middle. Please refer attached screenshot, appreciate your advice on re positioning the labels. Thanks 

3D Labels.png

Regards

Srikanth

0 Kudos
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Srikanth,

At this time it is not possible to change the placement position for polygons in 3D.  We are still working on 3D labeling for Pro.

The help topic below outlines what is presently possible.

Label in 3D—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop

thanks

Wendy

0 Kudos
LauraKranenburg
New Contributor II

Any idea when Pro will have a labeling solution for 3D (extruded) polygons?  I hope the delay is an indication of version 1.5, well thought out and powerful (and fast) labeling engine!  No pressure.

0 Kudos