ARM processor compatible Pro

12-21-2020 08:52 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I'm a mac user that has been running ArcGIS pro through parallels. However I recently upgraded to mac with the M1 chip. Parallels just released an ARM compatible version and it run windows ARM okay, put I can't get ArcGIS pro (arcmap 10.7 appears to work though). I would really prefer to work with Pro since I've finally gotten used to the layout are there any plans to make pro ARM compatible?

11 Replies
AzinSharaf
Occasional Contributor II

@JohnLindner 
Does it still work for you? I was using ArcGIS Pro 2.x on a VM Win 11 Pro hosted on M1 macbook using Parallels 18. Everything was working fine with a very good performance.

Recently on 3.x version all the arcpy functions crashes (MSVCP140.dll file crashes according to Event viewer). I haven't be able to fix it yet. I tried a new VM and got the same error. 

0 Kudos
JimTochterman
New Contributor

Can validate this as well. Was setting up a second test Parallels VM on my Mac M1 and completely forgot NOT to install the Arm64 version of the .Net Desktop Runtime and Pro failed to start. Uninstalled that version and downloaded/installed the x64 version (in this case 6.0.24) and Pro starts up fine. 

0 Kudos