Create Replica of Feature Class in Feature Dataset, without replicating the dataset

Jump to solution
11-03-2023 12:15 PM
Labels (1)
AndyHess
New Contributor II

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1, Enterprise 10.9.1, and SQL 2019. Working with one-way replicas.

I have an enterprise GDB named "CountyParcels", which has a feature dataset named "LandData", which in turn has a featureclass named "Parcels". I want to replicate that "Parcels" featureclass to an enterprise GDB called "County", and NOT bring over the "LandData" feature dataset. The Parcel featureclass needs to be in the base GDB,  not in a feature dataset. The issue is when I create a replica, it brings over the LandData feature dataset. 

Is it possible to create a replica that does not include the feature dataset and puts the data in the base GDB?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So it's possible just not documented anywhere.

From an old 2012 Esri Community post you can follow the same steps listed here.

1) Create a one-way replica using the SIMPLE model with all defaults.  This  will exclude the Topology.
2) On the child geodatabase drag the feature classes outside of the Feature Dataset
3) Delete the Feature Dataset.  You will get warnings stating that this Feature Dataset belongs to a replica...continue with deletion.

I tested it and it worked for me.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x, PostgreSQL 12.x and I do not have ArcGIS Enterprise installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So it's possible just not documented anywhere.

From an old 2012 Esri Community post you can follow the same steps listed here.

1) Create a one-way replica using the SIMPLE model with all defaults.  This  will exclude the Topology.
2) On the child geodatabase drag the feature classes outside of the Feature Dataset
3) Delete the Feature Dataset.  You will get warnings stating that this Feature Dataset belongs to a replica...continue with deletion.

I tested it and it worked for me.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x, PostgreSQL 12.x and I do not have ArcGIS Enterprise installed.

0 Kudos