Fill in nodata gaps

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 12:19 PM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have combined two rasters and ended up with some slivers of nodata. I would like to fill those cells in with neighboring values. I have tried this expression in the raster calculator: Con(IsNull("raster"), FocalStatistics("raster", NbrRectangle(5,5, "CELL"), "MEAN"), "raster")

but that results in new values; i assume the mean of the 5,5 window values. Can I modify this expression to replace mean with something that does not result in new values? Just want the most common neighboring value to get assigned to the nodata areas.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for holding my hand on these questions Dan. I really need to take a class in map algebra. 

Is it possible to store these handy expressions somewhere in arctoolbox or something?

b

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Bookmarks in your browser are handy IF you organize the browser folders by topic... but nothing works better than a real notebook that you can stash random 'should keep this' things.  At least you will twig to a '...I have seen this before...'

BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Another thing that has been recommended is to create a special filter in gmail to store these kinds of tips in. Thanks again Dan. 

b

0 Kudos