Inquiry - Locate Greyed Out

06-22-2021 12:34 PM
Violante
New Contributor

I have been searching on this board, the web and within documentation and I cannot figure out why the "Locate" button is greyed out. I don't remember this being the case before. I am sure it is something very simple but I can't seem to find it.

17 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBritton1 

Are you signed into arcgis.com as the active portal or are you signed into your organizations Enterprise portal? 

Do you have any additional locators that are automatically loaded when signed into your active portal?

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

Have you lost internet access when the Locate button is disabled?

Are there other portal related buttons that are also grayed out like on the sharing ribbon?

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Signed into Enterprise and using the latest version of Pro. No other additional locators  - just the world geocoder and no loss of internet access. Sometimes the measure tool will grey out as well. 

0 Kudos
SarahReasbeck
New Contributor

Did we figure out the reason for this yet and how to fix it? Ive been struggling for the last few days since I updated my pro to 3.1 to get my locators to work again. Everything is greyed out and the option to add a locator is also grey so Im stuck. 

0 Kudos
ar_taswater
New Contributor II

We've only just installed 3.1.2 on our VMs. Users report the locate button is 'randomly' greyed out, but have found that if they open a project - they can swap between Portals (Enterprise to AGOL) to force it to 'recheck' the locator. 

0 Kudos
Dr_Jason_VanHorn
New Contributor II

I have had the same problem with a student in my lab. He has AGOL licensed through our Organizational Enterprise account. When he is logged into ArcGIS Pro 3.12 with the Organizational account, he does not have the Inquiry/What'sUp/Locate ability (all greyed out). When I asked him to log out of the organizational account, he immediate had all of them working. I checked the parameters of his Organizational account and nothing is wrong or licensed incorrectly. He has identical parameters as all the rest of my students who are able to use this functionality. 

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

I have founded if I switch my active portal from enterprise to AGO it restores access to the tool, however when switching back to enterprise the functionality seems to be limited. 

DylanCook
New Contributor

I am also coming into this problem. The locate button always works on startup and has never been an issue since I started using this script to query attribute data. When I go to the catalog and right click the locators the button to refresh is also grayed out and the loading circle continuously spins. The problem always solves itself when I close out of my project and open it back up. I don't know what it is about the code but it basically stops the locators from working. HELP

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

I found if I switch the active portal to AGO and then back to the enterprise portal it will make the tool available again.