Layout file's bug fixed ?

Jump to solution
03-23-2016 06:51 AM
TimothéeColas
New Contributor

Hello, I'm trying to use layout file with ArcGIS Pro. I made a layout, i saved it in a layout file, and tryed to create a new map layout with this file. But all my text, north arrow and scalebar grows. Will this bug be fixed fast ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sending your data!  I was able to reproduce the problem.  The issue is when you export to a pagx file and then import it back into a project, the Layout --> Properties --> Page Setup --> Units control is not set.  The easy fix is to manually set this value.  If you set this to "millimeters", in your example, the elements should display correctly.  We will should be able to address this for the next release.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Timothee,

I've pinged the layout team about whether this is a known issue, but I'm not aware of it. 

PLEASE report the bug to Esri Support so they can get it in front of the team.

This is a user-to-user forum in general so reporting to support is the best way to raise awareness of issues you find.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm on the layout team and I have not seen, nor can I reproduce the issue.  Could you please send your layout file to jbarrette@esri.com?

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sending your data!  I was able to reproduce the problem.  The issue is when you export to a pagx file and then import it back into a project, the Layout --> Properties --> Page Setup --> Units control is not set.  The easy fix is to manually set this value.  If you set this to "millimeters", in your example, the elements should display correctly.  We will should be able to address this for the next release.  Thank you!