Legend issue - Group Layer Name and Headings toggle greyed out

06-01-2022 10:19 AM
sgambrel_Bouldercounty
Occasional Contributor

I'm unable to turn off group layer names and headings in my legend. 

In the contents pane, I have tried selecting all legend items, all items in the group layer, and single individual layers.  Both of these toggle boxes (as well as others but I don't need those) remain greyed out and I cannot toggle them, no matter what I select.

What am I doing wrong??

sgambrel_Bouldercounty_1-1654103832089.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

To turn off the group layer name you have to select the first item in the group, the one the heading should be directly above. As for headings, not all symbology types support headings, if you have one or more legend items selected where the corresponding symbologies  don't support headings that option will be disabled. 

Cheers,
Aubri
sgambrel_Bouldercounty
Occasional Contributor

That is correct, that's how it normally should work, but in this case it doesn't.  Well, it does for some group layers but not all.  I just ended up ungrouping those specific groups - a pain for the rest of the map, but accomplished what I needed to get done.

Still never solved the Headings issue.  Tinkered with it until I got it looking acceptable (but not perfect) - ended up using only the heading and not the layer name.  But was unable to deselect headings from the legend options as one should be able to. 

Pretty frustrating.

Z__NahideAydin1
New Contributor III

I have the same problem as well

JeremyWilkinson
New Contributor

Same problem. Some layers it works, others not, recreating (or duplicating working) layers and layouts and legends makes no difference. This is an old problem. See- https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/locked-legend-items/m-p/1108365#M46826 Still unresolved in v. 2.2.8