Notebooks in ArcGIS Pro does not do completion and does not show tooltips of functions/modules

Jump to solution
05-30-2023 03:21 AM
AgataSiwińska-Mielewczyk
New Contributor

I have ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 and want to use notebook. While writing code and pressing TAB or shift + tab I should be given completion tips or tooltips with help. My notebook in ArcGIS Pro does not do it.  I have no idea what can be the reason of such behaviour. Please if any of you can help me with the issue.

Kind regards,

Marcin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Correction: 

It looks like this is a currently known defect for ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x. It is currently logged as BUG-000157425 and is under review. In the meantime, you may get some use from the help() function, otherwise, for now you will have to type out the methods as I expect reverting to 3.0.3 is a bit more trouble than its worth to workaround this. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AgataSiwińska-Mielewczyk 

The tab completion feature will only work in the circumstances outlined in the documentation found here. Ensure you are only hitting tab after a dot following an object or library, as the suggestions will not work if you have partially typed out what you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Correction: 

It looks like this is a currently known defect for ArcGIS Pro 3.1.x. It is currently logged as BUG-000157425 and is under review. In the meantime, you may get some use from the help() function, otherwise, for now you will have to type out the methods as I expect reverting to 3.0.3 is a bit more trouble than its worth to workaround this. 

SFurey
by
New Contributor

Any update on this?

0 Kudos