Pro Marketing Fail

12-27-2017 06:37 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Some arrangement of cookies, browser history tracking, and pop-up ads resulted in the following this morning while I was perusing my morning news feed. Not photoshopped.......

I was going to work on migrating my ArcMap python scripts to Pro today, but I'm not sure if I should be laughing for the rest of the day, or pondering why my browsing history and choice of career resulted in Adsense thinking the above image would convince me to buy a Pro class.

I see the "Migrating to ArcGIS Pro" ad all over the place, especially in social media. Curious to see if there's any other "mis-placed" ad placement......

8 Replies
KathleenWallis
Occasional Contributor II

I'm laughing. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Love it!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

That's really funny

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting this, Thomas. You’re right that ad placement takes a variety of factors into account—the display is responsive. In this case, you were shown the text version. Our ad images definitely don’t have the “topical” flavor of the image above. You CAN use ArcGIS Pro to explore location-based impacts of current events though, so…  . Just kidding, we’re taking steps to make sure future ads don’t display in “unexpected” locations.

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

LOL. They keep getting better....not photo shopping these! I'll message you offline with the URL's of where I encounter these....

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks, that will help us better place...actually, "unplace" our messages.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

This appears to be related where "Getty Images" owns the image placed over the ad.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting...and funny!  Thx for sharing!

0 Kudos