Sharing or printing error

05-12-2023 07:14 AM
JonPeroff
New Contributor II

I'm using Arcpro 3.1 and in the last month or so, when I go to export my layout or even just print it to a printer or pdf writer, i get a message "failure to load preset".  Not sure what this is or what is causing it.  The thing is, if I create a new layout it prints without any issue, and the second time I want to export from that layout without making any changes, it fails, and if I create a new layout I can export it.  This occurs on my desktop computer aswell as my laptop.  I uninstalled and re-installed Arcpro with no change. Any help or suggestions on what would cause this would help. 

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ErikFernandez
New Contributor III

I got the same error.  This could be random or what fixed it for me, but I had the symbology window open while trying to export. When I closed the symbology window it then exported normally.  My error message also had the added explanation of:  "This preset file contains settings for layout export and cannot be used in a map export.

PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

I figured out that if you have a data frame activated, it throws this error.  Hello ESRI, could you please make this error message more clear?

mmetzcar
New Contributor

You're a life saver. Thanks for figuring this out. I was banging my head against the wall trying to quickly export a map before a meeting!

0 Kudos