Solved: ArcPro Unable to select feature with Selection tool, but can select with attribute table

04-03-2020 07:30 AM
AndrewNichols1
New Contributor II

Hello. I am currently having a very odd issue with ArcPro v.2.4.3

I have been unable to select a feature using the Selection tool for a long time and finally want to try and get this resolved. I can select features using the attribute table without any issues.

In the Contents Pane, under List by Selection the layer is checked.
I have right-clicked on the layer, and clicked on "Make this the only selectable layer" - Still can't click on anything

It doesnt matter if I try on a layer from the SDE or a Shapefile I cant select any features.

This thread sounds like the user is having a similar issue but its a much older version of ArcMap https://community.esri.com/thread/9883

If any screenshots would help just let me know and I will provide them.

Thanks.

EDIT: WOW! ok my issue is resolved and it was that old post that helped. I thought I had looked at this already but under Selection> Interactive Selection Method the type was set to "Remove from current selection." 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Does it happen in all projects? or just the one you encountered this behaviour?

From your other thread, there were two solutions that differed but worked for those individuals (ie projection and an incorrect selection setting), Do any of those apply in your case?

0 Kudos
AndrewNichols1
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan. It was happening in every project I opened which was the part that was super frustrating. My issue was resolved by an incorrect selection setting. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Good check!  glad it worked out

0 Kudos
Marie-AngeFournier-Beck
New Contributor III

Can I ask what the "incorrect selection setting" was? I have this randomly pop up for me with no rhyme or reason and my selection settings seem to be in line with what this article recommends.Change selection settings—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
Elsa
by
New Contributor

I had this problem and turned out m feature layer was disabled for selection. This helped me out:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-unable-to-select-features-on-a-map-in-arcgis-p...

0 Kudos
DanRegan1
New Contributor

I ran into this issue and the fix for me was to Recalculate the Spatial Index for the layer. Under properties\index\spatial index

0 Kudos
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III

For me, the problem was that the line feature I need to edit participates in a geometric network and geometric networks are not "edible" in ArcGIS Pro (3.2).  Grrrr. . . . . solution is to convert to utility network at some point (or go back to ArcMap).

0 Kudos