Summary Statistics Popup?

Jump to solution
a week ago
Labels (1)
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

In ArcMap we used to be able to right-click on a field in a table and get the stats for it: Sum, mean, etc. as a popup.

I can't figure out how to do this in Pro.

The two current options are either: 1)make a chart or 2) run the summary statistics GP tool 

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1714069609511.png

I just want a quick snapshot; I don't want to mess around with charts or make a whole new table just to find out the sum of a field to answer a quick question about acreage.

Is that popup behavior still present somewhere?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clt_cabq
Occasional Contributor III

This is what I get when i right click a field name in Pro, the explore statistics and visualize statistics options are possibly what you are looking for but not seeing? 

clt_cabq_0-1714071797740.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
clt_cabq

This is what I get when i right click a field name in Pro, the explore statistics and visualize statistics options are possibly what you are looking for but not seeing? 

clt_cabq_0-1714071797740.png

AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Maybe they added it back in in 3.2? I'm still on 3.1 so that may be it.

Would you mind clicking on that and sharing a screenshot to confirm that that's what I'm thinking of?

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

confirming i am on 3.2.2

it opens a new table like object rather than a pop up - docks it right next to the attribute table and it looks like this:

clt_cabq_0-1714074755945.png

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

I guess that'll work? Does it create an item in the Contents Pane as well? (Please say no)

0 Kudos
clt_cabq

Your wish is granted: no, no new content is created that shows up in the contents window. If you use the 'visualize statistics' tool though you get a chart that opens up next to the attribute table and then a 'contents property' panel with some of the statistics information shown as well as in this screen shot. But still nothing new under the ToC.

clt_cabq_0-1714077562692.png

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Woohoo. I'll be looking forward to our next update.

Thanks!

0 Kudos