Update Cogo Attributes in Pro!?

Jump to solution
05-30-2017 11:25 AM
FredHartless1
New Contributor

Enable adds cogo fields, Disable takes them away...is there a tool or a calculation that adds cogo values of line geometry to those fields??

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BryanFairrel
New Contributor

That’s the problem. When I use the tool it opens the Modify Features box. It then allows you to select one or more CoGO enabled lines. That’s the problem, if the lines are enabled why won’t the tool let me select a line segment and the update? My lines are enabled to be selected in the contents but the tool will not select the line segment. So I am at a loss as to how to get this tool to work.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan,

Ok sorry for the confusion, I just checked your previous response. In the screenshot you provided, the error message says "Wrong type on field...." for all of your fields. What type are the Direction, Distance, Radius, and ArcLength fields? I'm fairly certain they should be of type Double.

Perhaps someone created these fields manually instead of using the Enable COGO tool?

On a backup of the feature class, try deleting those fields and running Enable COGO again.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos
TimHodson
Esri Contributor

Hi Bryan,

In case it's useful to you there is also a geoprocessing script that will transfer ArcMap COGO line feature classes into the ArcGIS Pro COGO form, found here: https://bit.ly/2GFEiNl

Here's the description:

Migrate COGO to ArcGIS Pro
- This tool will take in a line feature class.  It will convert the Text values of the ArcGIS Desktop COGO fields in a line feature class to the new numerical standard for ArcGIS Pro.  A new line feature class will be created as the output.  An optional Error Feature class can be created detailing any anomalies that might have occurred during the migration.  All the fields can be mapped if in the source feature class the field names are different than the COGO enabled defaults.
-Tim
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tim,

Will there be an 'Update COGO' python tool (or is there one out there somewhere already)?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

@Michael Snook there is a GP tool called 'Calculate Geometry Attributes' that is described here-  How To: Calculate geometry in ArcGIS Pro.

You can use it to calculate distance and direction but it does not calculate curve parameters (radius, arclength).

You can suggest that as an enhancement idea.

Amir

0 Kudos
MichaelSnook
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Amir...I just added it as an idea. 

Mike