Persist Application settings across multiple Pro versions - Roaming property

Jump to solution
03-05-2024 09:07 AM
DaveFullerton
Occasional Contributor III

@CharlesMacleod 

After watching your advanced customization video here, I tried out using application settings for the first time.  I was concerned by the fact that the user.config file was stored in a path the last part of which was "3.2.0.0."

I looked at "Persist Application settings across multiple Pro versions" in the pro guide here.  In the second bullet point it says to "Be sure to set it's Roaming property to True also."  I couldn't find where to do that and after some research am wondering if this is still necessary.

DaveFullerton_0-1709658403610.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

The Roaming attribute is a little bit hidden. I agree it can be a little bit tricky to get the value to display. With any property selected in the settings designer grid, show the Visual Studio properties grid (usually co-located with the Solution Explorer). U will see a property called "Roaming" with a default value of **false**. Change as needed.

roaming_setting.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DaveFullerton

I am wondering if my question was overlooked.  @CharlesMacleod @UmaHarano @Wolf 

I have looked at post like this one https://stackoverflow.com/questions/534261/how-do-you-keep-user-config-settings-across-different-ass... , but I don't find anything related to the directive "Be sure to set it's Roaming property to True also." 

0 Kudos
CharlesMacleod
Esri Regular Contributor

The Roaming attribute is a little bit hidden. I agree it can be a little bit tricky to get the value to display. With any property selected in the settings designer grid, show the Visual Studio properties grid (usually co-located with the Solution Explorer). U will see a property called "Roaming" with a default value of **false**. Change as needed.

roaming_setting.png

DaveFullerton

Thanks, Charles!  I am just about to get my new add-in into the 'testing by others' phase.

0 Kudos