Selection Box

Jump to solution
04-18-2012 11:02 AM
AshrafMemon
New Contributor
Hi there,

Has anyone implemented a selection box to define selection envelop for query on the map? The scenario is:
- User clicks on a query button
- users draws a selection box on the map to define query extent
- user clicks search to search the database.

I have implemented step 1 and 3, need some help (examples or pointers) on step 2.

Thank you,
Ashraf
0 Kudos
13 Replies
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Sorry, i just forgot to mention that you were creating graphic with self.mappoint. Change it to use sketchPolygon. See attached project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13653[/ATTACH]

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
AshrafMemon
New Contributor
Hi Nimesh,

It worked. Thanks a lot for your help. I am uploading the code if someone else is going through the same problem.

By the way, does ESRI offer a training for iOS development? Or is there developer support for this API?

Thank you,
Ashraf
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
You're welcome!

Yes, you can go through following free training program. Also, you can contact ESRI Support Services for the development support issues.

http://training.esri.com/gateway/index.cfm?fa=catalog.webCourseDetail&courseID=2051

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
If a post provides the answer to your question, then we encourage you to mark the post as "the answer" by activating the green check mark right of the post. You can also "vote" on posts that you find helpful by clicking the blue caret mark. More information about the ArcGIS Discussion Forums MVP Program found here.

Thank you,
Nimesh
0 Kudos