Configuring the mailto "Assign Plan" button in the Pre-Incident Plan Manager Solution

Jump to solution
03-21-2024 06:34 AM
GaryMorris
New Contributor III

I am configuring the Pre-Incident Plan Solution for our Fire Departments.  Within the Experience Builder App that is included that is titled "Pre-Incident Plan Manager" there is a Feature Info widget that has a button with the text "Assign Plan."  The button is formatted with a mailto link.  I am trying to change the content of the mailto link however, I cannot access the formatting for the button.  

In other testing I have done, I cannot even add a button to a Feature Info widget.  It seems as though ESRI has "locked" the button somehow.  Any ideas on how to access the settings for the button would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Gary,

The information displayed in the Feature Info widget is derived from the pop-up in the webmap.  Here are basic steps on how to change the email:
-In ArcGIS Online, go to your content and open the Pre-Incident Plan Manager webmap.
-Highlight the Pre-Incident Plans Layer.
-On the far right panel click Pop-ups.
-Click Attribute Expressions.
-Click the Create Email expression.
-See the attached graphic of the expression.  You'll see the components of the email you can alter and save.
-In the main pop-up area you can change or add buttons to the popup.  Look at the html of the popup to see how the Assign Plan button was created if you want to create another button in this way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi Gary,

The information displayed in the Feature Info widget is derived from the pop-up in the webmap.  Here are basic steps on how to change the email:
-In ArcGIS Online, go to your content and open the Pre-Incident Plan Manager webmap.
-Highlight the Pre-Incident Plans Layer.
-On the far right panel click Pop-ups.
-Click Attribute Expressions.
-Click the Create Email expression.
-See the attached graphic of the expression.  You'll see the components of the email you can alter and save.
-In the main pop-up area you can change or add buttons to the popup.  Look at the html of the popup to see how the Assign Plan button was created if you want to create another button in this way.

GaryMorris
New Contributor III

Thank you so much; this is exactly what I needed!