Adding Survey123 signature to Power Automate flow

Jump to solution
03-04-2024 07:29 AM
AshleyPeters
Occasional Contributor III

I have a flow set up in Power Automate following Ismael's Survey123 Tricks of the Trade blog post. I'm trying to modify it a bit so I can include photos from one question and a signature as email attachments in Power Automate. I've basically created two arrays, one for the photos and another for the signature. I've tried feeding those directly into an email, but I get an error with trying to attach the two arrays. I either need to find a way to combine the two arrays into one before I pull them into an email or find a way to embed the signature into the email. If I pull the signature into the email itself, Power Automate sends a separate email with the signature attached.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm fairly new to Power Automate, so my understanding of it is limited.

Thanks for any guidance!

Ashley

0 Kudos
24 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you able to include some screen caps of your Power Automate process? That would help.

A couple things to look out for though:

• Is the feature report the only attachment added to the email now?
  • Are Signatures added to the Feature Report, and if you manually generate a Feature Report from the S123 Website, do they appear as expected?
0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

Yes, the feature report is the only attachment. The signature is coming in a separate email.

No, signatures are not appearing in the manually generated feature report from the S123 website.

Screenshot of the overall flow:

AshleyPeters_0-1709586693384.png

Screenshot of the successful report email in Power Automate:

AshleyPeters_1-1709586782655.png

Any other screenshots helpful?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you expand the scopes and condition so I can see each step? From the email alone, there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be sending more than one email. And if it did send multiple emails, they should theoretically only have the Feature Report attached.

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

AshleyPeters_0-1709587113807.png

AshleyPeters_2-1709587160336.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmm. Are you sure there isn't a rouge flow still turned on somewhere? Nothing there should be sending a separate email with an attachment.

Overall, your flow looks pretty good.

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

There was a random flow. I've got two environments I can work in and there was one still turned on in the older environment. I just fixed that. So the second email is fixed, that just leaves me figuring out the signature. I'm leaning towards it being related to how it is called in on the report template. This is what it looks like currently and I assume it needs to look more similar to the image call:

AshleyPeters_0-1709587903316.png

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

One problem dealt with! Excellent.

So, images can be called either way you have there. It really depends on how the image is set up in the survey. Your PFLAppearanceMaintenance_image question is set up as an array, so how it looks there makes sense.

Without seeing the XLSX, I am not sure how your signature is set up. But, a nice simple way of determining how a question should be formatted is to have the website generate a sample template for you and then steal that snippet:

abureaux_0-1709588224311.png

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

I got the signature fixed! My field type was set as image in the xlsx, but noticed it was set as a String elsewhere. I removed the String setting and made an update to the report template to set the size of the signature. 

It is now working perfectly. 

Thank you again for your help today!

Ashley

AshleyPeters

I also sent you a PM with the feature report and a screenshot of the separate email I'm receiving.

0 Kudos
AshleyPeters

Knowing I can only add one array is helpful. I had run across the append to array option, but hadn't found how to make that work with images. I keep making changes to my flow, but this is how it currently stands with just the single array.

AshleyPeters_0-1709568477568.png

0 Kudos