Can I 'comment out' a line in Survey123 Connect?

10-19-2017 10:17 PM
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

In the same way that I can 'comment out' or 'block comment' lines of code, is it possible to 'comment out' rows in excel in Survey123 Connect while I build/test forms?

that way if I haven't quite nailed down calculations or expressions, or I am doing frequent tests of something at the end of a form, I don't have to go through filling out the first half of the form as I could choose to ignore rows altogether.

maybe a type = ignore option that would make survey123 ignore the row?

Cheers

James

3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

We currently don't have the capability to do this in Survey123 Connect.  It's an interesting idea- I'll add this as a potential enhancement to Survey123.  You may want to register an idea in ArcGIS Ideas for this as well.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

I think this would be an extremely helpful for documenting steps of how the Survey123 form was created; similar to how coders comment out sections within their codes. What about adding a column that would allow for coding comments also?

Sometimes it can months before I look at some of the forms and having a few notes within the actual survey on why I did something would be beneficial to both myself and others. I guess this would be a different request; to add a column for documentation purposes.

Thanks!
Mike

0 Kudos
JamesWilson2
New Contributor III

you could possibly add a 'comment' with a hidden field and the 'bind::Esri:esriFieldType' = null. then you could write whatever you want in the label field. could that work?

Cheers

James

0 Kudos