Copy/duplicate/default? text type field entry within same form in a repeat group

Jump to solution
12-21-2023 09:22 AM
KennyCarver
New Contributor

Hello, I am working within Survey123 connect. I am collecting multiple species of mosquitoes from a single site number. I have created a repeat section to allow for different entries to be made under a single form submission. The issue I am having is within the repeat table created, which does not display the site number as a column in the table.- only shows the information within the repeat group. Is there a way to duplicate the site number within the repeat section from the site number text field entered in the form outside the repeat?

Goal is to have the site number within the species' collected information table to display infographics about this data. I think a work around could be to setup a module in Pro connecting and joining the tables, and then connect map to AGOL, but not sure if this process would be a suitable workaround.

Cheers,

Kenny

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kenny,

You can definitely go the route of joining tables (either in ArcGIS Pro, or by creating a pivot table in excel), but another way to approach it would be to add a hidden question to the repeat (i.e. ${site_num_ref}) that has a calculation set to make the value equal to what was entered for the site number. All you should need to do is put the field name of the site number in the calculation cell for the ${site_num_ref} question. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Kenny,

You can definitely go the route of joining tables (either in ArcGIS Pro, or by creating a pivot table in excel), but another way to approach it would be to add a hidden question to the repeat (i.e. ${site_num_ref}) that has a calculation set to make the value equal to what was entered for the site number. All you should need to do is put the field name of the site number in the calculation cell for the ${site_num_ref} question. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
KennyCarver
New Contributor

Katie~ thank you for taking the time to respond. greatly appreciated. Your approach worked wonderfully.  Cheers!

Kenny

0 Kudos