Location data not recorded

Jump to solution
08-29-2022 05:37 AM
gls
by
New Contributor II

A colleague is having issues with location data in Survey123. It is a survey template (created in Survey123 Connect) that he has been using for c. six months with no issues. We have not made any changes to the survey template since he started using it. Last week, he reported that the location data boxes are blank and location data is not automatically recorded by Survey123. When I look at his data online, I can see that no location data has been recorded for the last few days.

He is using the Survey123 field app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3. The location services are activated. When he clicks on the satellite icon in Survey123 he can see that it is picking up his location. He loaded the same survey onto a second device (same make and model). It worked for a few days but now he is having the same issue.

I am in the UK (he is not). I can see the same survey form on my Iphone 12 and there seems to be no problem with it. The location boxes have data in them and I can see the location has recorded when I check the data online. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the issue?

13 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AnneDunckel @JohnMarino @KelseyMartin

Thank you for testing and confirming this helps a lot! We are currently investigating the issue, we've received reports with other Samsung devices as well. At this time we think it's a BUG with Survey123 and we have BUG-000151297 logged for a very similar behavior on a different device where the same workaround resolves the behavior. 

Thank you,
Zach
AshleeWolf525
New Contributor II

Hi @ZacharySutherby ,

My team is having the same issue with Survey123 not pulling location data offline on 2 Samsung Active3 tablets. We tried the workaround, but are not seeing a toggle when pressing and holding the word "Information" in the title bar. Any idea what might be happening here?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @gls @AshleeWolf525 @KelseyMartin @JohnMarino,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have resolved the issue with some Android devices not getting a valid location causing the geopoint to not be updated correctly. You can test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds.

Regards,

Phil.

AnneDunckel
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update and being responsive to this issue.