Opening a Survey123 in a Pop-up

2 weeks ago
emoreno
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI Community!

I am working on a zone lookup instant app that returns a popup with a Survey123 link if found in a specific lookup layer. Right now, if someone clicks on the survey link it will open the survey in a brand-new window. I was wondering if there was a way to have the survey open directly in the popup that the lookup app displays, or if there was a way to have the survey appear without taking the user away from the zone lookup app and into that brand-new window. Is this supported at all? Any help or ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This is possible if you are using Experience Builder. The Survey123 Widget will do what you are looking for. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

emoreno
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply abureaux, 

I did test using Experience builder to accomplish this, but I believe in my case it won't work. The zone lookup app I created only returns the popup with the survey link if certain conditions are met for the address that is input. If those conditions are not met, it gives a popup without the survey link. Unfortunately when I used Exb, I could not find a way to have this popup conditionality met while opening the survey in the same window, given that I had to use the embed widget for the Instant App and using the survey123 widget would always make the survey visible no matter the circumstance. I did look into using a button to accomplish this as well, but I was unable to do both the embedding of the instant app and input the button into the popup of the embedded app. 

If there's anything you think I missed or could be doing wrong, please let me know! I am pretty new to using ESRI products, so I really appreciated the insight. Thank you!

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

I assume you are working on browser bases? maybe you can build Arcade expressions within Popup to build a proper URL parameters? so when users click the link, a specific zone's been selected. Also use target="_blank" for the hyper link so that it opens in the new window.

0 Kudos