Survey123 publishing error, code: 500

Jump to solution
03-27-2018 02:25 PM
JustinO_Brien
New Contributor II

I'm getting an Error getting result parameter message when attempting to publish new surveys to Portal. I can modify surveys that have already been published, but not create new ones. A folder is created as normal, but the form is absent and the feature layer is corrupt. We just upgraded ArcServer and Portal 10.6. Any insights as to what may be causing the issue would be very helpful, thank you.

31 Replies
MatthewDowning2
New Contributor III

Following these instructions worked for me. Survey123 3.0 and Enterprise 10.6

MirandaMuller1
New Contributor II

I followed these instructions, but I still get the same error. Any further avenues to explore?

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for identifying a workaround but the workaround may not be an ideal solution for our shop with an enterprise portal deployment across different companies. 

JTedrick-esristaff , after installing 2.7.72 I published my form and I continue to get the same error. Our Portal is 10.6.1. Any suggestions beside restarting the geoprocessing service?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Renato,

First, can I ask that you doubt-check the server version - 10.6.1 is currently under development; the latest release was 10.6 .  Aside from the restart Ryan mentioned, we also think there may be a relationship to spectre/meltdown patches for Windows- if those have been applied, please look to apply the ArcGIS Server patch as well; see https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/product/uncategorized/meltdown-and-spectre-processor-vulne... for more info.

GaryBowles1

James,

I tried to publish a new survey yesterday and received the attached error. It appears to be very similar to this thread. I went to the ArcGIS Server Admin REST endpoint and stopped then started the PublishingToolsEx and the Publishing Tools geoprocessing service.

Portal 10.6

Survey123 Connect 3.2.196

No start or end questions in survey

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Hi James,

I am replicating this issue with beta version 3.5.124 and Portal 10.7.

No start or end questions, but I do have type time.  Publishing services have been restarted using Server Admin.

Server Logs only report that the Manage Feature Service failed.

ERROR: Table not found. Failed to execute (Manage Feature Service).

Server Logs only report that the Manage Feature Service failed.

I also see that the feature class and tables from the survey are not being created.  Even though that step in the survey publishing appears to have worked.  Service is created without any layers/tables.

My survey is large - around 400+ inputs in the survey.

*** UPDATE ***

I was about to post the above when I thought of testing this.  I removed 300+ inputs from my survey (easy to do with my survey containing many groups - I simply cut/paste them to an excel file).  I then successfully published the survey.  Because my service was created, I then copied back in the 300+ inputs I originally removed, and republished the survey, selecting the option to add all of the new fields to my existing service.  It's been about 1 hour and it's still on this action:

I cancelled that process, closed Survey123 Connect, reopened, removed 200+ of the 300+ inputs I tried to add, and started the process again.  No improvement.  So perhaps it is a limitation in survey size, however I doubt that is a Survey123 limitation vs. an ArcGIS Server limitation like heap size or something of the likes.

I'll continue testing to see if I can get more inputs added.

Thanks,

Chris B.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

I would try stopping and restarting the feature service in server manager. This often fixes our fairly large forms when we're doing multiple updates.

0 Kudos
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Jordan.  My services are hosted in the data store, so I have to stop them via the REST Admin page.  This did not seem to help however.

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

One thing that we have to do is restart the ArcGIS Data Store Windows service in order to publish/republish Survey123 forms. We constantly have to do that. I don't know what's causing it to hang up where we have to restart the entire service, but that always fixes our problems.

0 Kudos
ChrisBlinn1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Ryan.  Unfortunately I still cannot update my Survey.  I am now down to just adding 16 new fields, and it just hangs on this screen:

0 Kudos