User cannot log in to Survey123 Connect

01-20-2023 10:01 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Our Emergency Management department has their own ArcOnline organization and I'm trying to help them troubleshoot.  They're trying to connect to their organization in Survey123 Connect for the first time.  I walked them through putting a new connection in the list but when they try to sign in they get a brief "waiting circle" and then a blank screen like it can't connect, but no error is given.  When I try on my laptop the exact same way, I can get in just fine.  Is there a security setting perhaps they can tweak on their machine?  I know he doesn't have as many admin rights on his machine as I do on mine, so maybe there's something that's just a little too locked down?  IDK, just trying to brainstorm ideas.  Thanks!

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This can happen if it is a new account and they have not set the security questions yet.  They need to login from a web browser the first time and get that set.

We have also seen redirect issues in the app when using 2 factor auth.

Hope it is one of these

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I don't think it's either one of those, their ArcOnline account isn't brand new and they don't use 2-factor.  The search continues, thanks for your reply though!

0 Kudos
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

Update!  I was told by their staff it was now "user error" with no other information.  😂  Oh well...

0 Kudos