Using a Webmap with Feature Layers on it?

Jump to solution
08-30-2016 08:56 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

I have a use case and was wondering if this is possible.

(User will be out of range of Cell Phone or WiFI coverage.)

They would like to incorporate a webmap with a couple of feature layers outlining the area of interest and some point layers with instructions (and attachments)

Is it possible to have this Map in Survey 123 and the users can query the features?

Then fill out Survey responses accordingly?

I do see that there are some options to have offline maps as tile packages but are there limitations to these?

-A couple of ideas that I had was to use ArcGIS Collector and take the Map offline and switch between the two Applications

-Take a JPG image of each area and then incorporate it as a field in the Survey

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Creating a tile package from your own data and displaying in a geopoint - yes, using features in that map to query data - no. For more information on creating a tile package, see Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

If your able to export important attributes from your features to a csv file, in version 1.7 you can now look up this information and use it to pre-populate answers in your survey. For more information see Preloading CSV Data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor

Creating a tile package from your own data and displaying in a geopoint - yes, using features in that map to query data - no. For more information on creating a tile package, see Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

If your able to export important attributes from your features to a csv file, in version 1.7 you can now look up this information and use it to pre-populate answers in your survey. For more information see Preloading CSV Data—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos