Using choice_filter with select_multiple

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have 2 select multiple questions, the second having a choice_filter set on it. However, when multiple choices are selected in the first question, the responses disappear in the 2nd question. choice_filter reads: regex(area, ${mission_area}). I was following this blog for guidance.

Form (survey & choices):

dwold_0-1713290295953.png

dwold_0-1713290649176.png

Survey one selected:

dwold_2-1713290381239.png

Survey two selected:

dwold_3-1713290424648.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the area column I do not think you can list all the options with a comma since it does an exact match search.  You need to break this out and list them multiple times, one for each area type.  At least I have never seen a comma lookup list work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I believe your question is backwards. Try: regex(${mission_area}, area)

EDIT: Also, you don't need to use regex for this. You can also use selected(). E.g., selected(${mission_area}, area). Not a big deal since they are virtually identical in this scenario, but it's worth noting.

dwold
by
Occasional Contributor II

@abureaux thanks for the tip! That allows me to selected multiple mission areas but not all the core capabilities get populated with each additional selection. See anything else I am missing? If I select Recovery, I'd want Infrastructure Systems to appear but it currently does not. This is the case with all the Core Capabilities with multiple areas listed.

dwold_0-1713297156375.png

dwold_1-1713297187745.png

Infrastructure Systems doesn't appear if either Response or Recovery is selected. Neither do the top three core capabilities in the choices table

dwold_2-1713297256536.pngdwold_3-1713297310780.png

Anything in my choices table that looks wrong?

dwold_4-1713297349990.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the area column I do not think you can list all the options with a comma since it does an exact match search.  You need to break this out and list them multiple times, one for each area type.  At least I have never seen a comma lookup list work.