Downstream trace to report only barriers?

Jump to solution
03-16-2023 11:35 PM
EstherSmith_Dev
New Contributor III

Hi UN experts,

I have a requirement to perform downstream trace recursively in a batch mode for an electric network  and stop at certain asset categories and report them. Barrier devices from the previous trace become start point for the next recursion and continues.

It is easy to configure a trace using Category Is Equal To <My Category> as a Filter Barrier. However, there is no way to tell the trace to not include traced features in the resultset but only include barrier features. This option is available in the isolation trace only. Isolation trace primarily works upstream.

Is there a smarter way to do it in downstream trace? I do not wish to go the entire result set and check of it meets the Category criteria which I will need to hardcode.

Cheers,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Two thoughts:

1: Run the trace with Include Barrier Features and the output as a json element files.  Run the trace again and compare the files.  The problem though is that terminal'ed devices that are barriers are returned regardless of if this box is checked or unchecked.  So I do not think that will work.

2: Repeat your condition barriers as output filters.  So only features that are returned match you condition barriers

There is a backlog item to add a new trace type that will only return the features that stop the trace, but I do not see an enhancement number tied to it.  I would suggest logging an enhancement through tech support so we can get you organization tied to that backlog item and a number created for it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Two thoughts:

1: Run the trace with Include Barrier Features and the output as a json element files.  Run the trace again and compare the files.  The problem though is that terminal'ed devices that are barriers are returned regardless of if this box is checked or unchecked.  So I do not think that will work.

2: Repeat your condition barriers as output filters.  So only features that are returned match you condition barriers

There is a backlog item to add a new trace type that will only return the features that stop the trace, but I do not see an enhancement number tied to it.  I would suggest logging an enhancement through tech support so we can get you organization tied to that backlog item and a number created for it.

0 Kudos
EstherSmith_Dev
New Contributor III

Thanks @MikeMillerGIS 

Option-2 of using Output Condition worked like a charm.

0 Kudos