Reconcile operation - Error code:-2147217146 'The version could not be located'

Jump to solution
03-26-2024 12:40 AM
Ram
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have performed reconcile operation by referring the URL https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/reconcile.htm. I am getting the error message 'The version could not be located'. What could be the reason for this error?

Also, it is mentioned reconcile operation requires 'Advanced Editing user type extension'. Will it create this kind of error?

Note: I have published version management service using ArcGIS enterprise 11.1.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

To reiterate what @AnthonyRyanEQL , that extension is only required once you upgrade to 11.2 or later, which if you're on the Network Management Release plan won't be until you upgrade to 11.3.

The most likely scenario is that there is a typo in the version name you are using. Can you post a screenshot of the version name you're trying to reconcile and the corresponding version name in the version management dialog (or the version name from the rest endpoint)?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Advanced editing user type is only from 11.2

0 Kudos
Ram
by
New Contributor II

Hi @AnthonyRyanEQL ,

That is ok. I need to know whether 'Advanced Editing user type extension' dependency is the reason for the error 'The version could not be located'. 

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

To reiterate what @AnthonyRyanEQL , that extension is only required once you upgrade to 11.2 or later, which if you're on the Network Management Release plan won't be until you upgrade to 11.3.

The most likely scenario is that there is a typo in the version name you are using. Can you post a screenshot of the version name you're trying to reconcile and the corresponding version name in the version management dialog (or the version name from the rest endpoint)?

Ram
by
New Contributor II

Thanks @RobertKrisher . Actually, we have to pass version GUID not the version name. There was typo error in that, I corrected it. 

Can you explain about session Id parameter we have to pass in that operation. As mentioned in this post 'Version Management Service - Start Editing Session... - Esri Community', I have used online UUID generator and passed session id value. Is this correct way? After that I am getting the error 'Object has no schema locks'. How it could be resolved?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Because the REST services are stateless we rely on the session ID to establish/clear the locks. You can generate that GUID however you want, just make sure it's random for every session and instance of your application. Previously discussed in this community post: Version Management Service - Start Editing Session... - Esri Community

0 Kudos