Editor.as map_mouseUpHandler Error

08-04-2011 03:12 PM
MarkLittell
New Contributor III
I've customized the Editor Widget a great deal... and don???t see this error in the SFV.
While debugging in Eclipse using the Flex API 2.3.1... With the debugger off, there is no error.
If I select a polygon and then attempt to select another, I get the following error:
[INDENT]TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.esri.ags.components::Editor/map_mouseUpHandler() [/INDENT]
If I select the map (which un selects the polygon) between polygons, I do not get the error.
Any thoughts on how to remove the (I am guessing this is how to fix it) the map_mouseUpHandler listener?

I would really like to know where to obtain the Editor.as file!
I was hoping the 2.4 API would reveal more of the code behind regarding the Editor and FeatureLayers??? Oh well.

Suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarkLittell
New Contributor III
My error is solved - after changing the event listeners around, I no longer get the error.
Still not sure what the exact issue was, but it is better now.

I'd still like to get access to the Editor.as code...

Thanks
Mark
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

As the Flex API is NOT open source you will not get access to that code.
0 Kudos
RedaKechouri
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm developping a widget with editing capabilities, and I have the same error... It is quite annoying because it is difficult to pinpoint the cause of this error.
My guess is that there is a problem with the attribute infoWindow generated by the editor when an editable feature is clicked. And maybe the fact that I'm using another drawTool/editTool in my widget generates a conflict somewhere...

Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I will just have to do some editing without the editor component.

Thanks
Reda
0 Kudos
JoshWerts
New Contributor III
I'm having a similar issue working with the flex API editor component.  I get the problem when I try to remove the editor component.  It appears that the editor adds a mouse  up event listener to the map but doesn't clean up after itself when removed, thus causing a null exception when the event listener tries to reference the editor.

Anyone know if there's a way to remove the listener manually?

Josh
0 Kudos
MehulChoksey
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
JoshWerts
New Contributor III
This issue with possible fix seems to be discussed here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/26179-where-can-i-get-quot-Editor.as-quot?highlight=aniket

That worked!  Thanks!
0 Kudos