Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
MattShetzer
New Contributor
Thanks Robert for the quick reply.  We are getting ready to upgrade to API 3 in an month or two, and I will upgrade to the latest esearch widget at that point.  If I could request that in a future enhancement.  The biggest reason is the different display of the same data from the popups.

Thanks for all you do, and supplying an impressive search tool.

Matt Shetzer
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Matt,

Rounding is already a default in the 3.x versions
0 Kudos
RobertMyers
New Contributor
In the Enhance Search Widget Sample App the Basemap "flyout", the Map Switcher widget, is on top of any open widget. However, running uncompiled download, it's behind all the widgets. Not sure how to correct this so it's on top.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Well, not sure if you can do anything about it with the compiled version.

However, if you have the capability to compile, see this thread:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/65432-(e)mapswitcher-widget-basemapsContainer-on-top?p=227012#post2...

R_
0 Kudos
ClintBeccue
New Contributor
Robert,

The webADF had the capability to search the same field in different shapefiles (point, line , polygon).  Does this eSearch widget have that ability?

Thanks for your time and great work.

Clint Beccue
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Clint,

No the eSearch uses the QueryTask that only searches ONE rest endpoint. For you to search multiple you would have to build a widget using the findtask of the the Flex API. The problem with the find task is that you can not search spatially.
0 Kudos
RobertMyers
New Contributor
Well, not sure if you can do anything about it with the compiled version.

However, if you have the capability to compile, see this thread:  http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/65432-(e)mapswitcher-widget-basemapsContainer-on-top?p=227012#post2...

R_

That did the trick. Thanks!
0 Kudos
ClintBeccue
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply Robert!
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Clint,

For you to search multiple you would have to build a widget using the findtask of the the Flex API. The problem with the find task is that you can not search spatially.

Curious if anyone following this thread knows of a findtask widget capable of doing this that one could get a hold of?

Thanks,

R_
0 Kudos
LiamCollins
New Contributor
Hi,
I have downloadeded version 3.0.16 of the eSearch Widget. When I bring eSearchWidget.mxml into flash builder I am getting 2 types of error across 4 lines of code shown below.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: SearchExpValueItem.
private function popCBwithUserList(userList:String, sItemVal:SearchExpValueItem):void
private function popCBwithSubType(sItemVal:SearchExpValueItem):void
private function popCBwithDomain(fieldName:String, sItemVal:SearchExpValueItem):void

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: SearchResult.
public function clickSearchRelateResult(searchResult:SearchResult):void

I am using Flash Builder 4.6 with Flex Viewer 3.0 and API for Flex 3.0. I would appreciate any help as to where I am going wrong and what I need to do to rectify this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Liam.
0 Kudos