Feature labels not showing in print - Flex 3.6

09-05-2014 08:01 AM
DanKlenjoski
New Contributor II

I am using Flex 3.6 and I cannot get the feature labels to show in my print. I am printing using the ArcGIS Server function. Is there something special I need to do with my feature labels to make them show up in the print?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan,

You'll need to make sure that you're printing the dynamic map service and not the feature layer. Geometry for a feature layer is returned using a query, whereas a dynamic map service exports a map image. Are you using the application builder? If so, just make sure to add the whole folder as an operational layer instead of just the sub layer.

Thanks,

-Daniel

0 Kudos
DanKlenjoski
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply. I did add it as a dynamic map service. The users can see the Parcel ID in the map but when they go print the map, it's not there anymore.

0 Kudos
DanKlenjoski
New Contributor II

Found my problem. I had scale dependency on those labels. When the user would zoom in as close as they can, the labels would show. The user would then print the map which would be at a scale where the labels were not required to show. I changed the scale range and it works now.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos