'Go Electric'  Sample App

04-14-2011 01:55 AM
SteveTest
New Contributor
I'm really looking forward to digging into the techniques of this sample app shown on front-page video.

Is it available? Will it be available soon?

Thanks
Steve
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
SteveTest
New Contributor
Just bumping this post as it seems destined to drift down into obscurity. If any ESRI employees read this board then any info from Julie Powell would be appreciated.

The fact that the code would be made available is mentioned in the major video on the main ArcGIS Viewer for Flex page and also mentioned in a March 22 blog posting.

If the answer is along the lines "The author is too busy and doesn't know when she'll get to it" .. well that's fine at least I know and I can proceed without it. But if it will be released shortly as promised I might delay my project a little so I can use it as a case study.

Thanks again.
Steve
0 Kudos
SteveTest
New Contributor
Looks like as of yesterday, clicking on the sample app:

http://baserver.esri.com/goelectric/index.html

Gives the message:  "500...There is a problem with the resource you are looking for..."

Alrighty then.  'Nuff said, moving on.......    😉
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I just checked the link where we are hosting the app and it should be up & running (let me know if it isn't).

I have the code ready to be posted and I am writing a short doc explaining how the integration works. I will let you know as soon as it is available.

When is your project deadline? I'm glad you liked the app, it was fun to make.

Julie
0 Kudos
SteveTest
New Contributor
Hi Julie

Thanks for getting back to me. The look of the App is not exactly my cup of tea - but that's just an opinion on what the visual artist came up with !

What I really liked was how you transformed the appearance and behaviour of the viewer while at the same time following good coding practice and staying within safe viewer bounds. Also, if I may say so, I also really liked how you described this and other programming approaches so please keep up the great work on the video tutorials.

Personally speaking I enjoy reverse engineering so I don't need much additional documentation:  if the code is ready to go I'd really appreciate a copy.

Thanks again

Steve.Hennity at gmail dot com
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Is there any update on when this code will be available?
0 Kudos
SteveTest
New Contributor
Hi Lee

Apparently, the source code is ready and I included my email in my last post above with the hope of having the experience of working through the code.

But alas, almost another two weeks have passed and the only go-electric thing I've experienced is online and email silence !

Steve
0 Kudos
SteveTest
New Contributor
Well I've asked so many times now that it's probably time to grovel and beg. And indeed it's not below me try.

So here goes...

Oh Julie, Julie where art thou Julie?

Let this forum be the east, and your rare presence rise upon it like the sun.

O! your sample App doth teach the torches to burn bright

One better than this App, The all-seeing sun
Ne'er saw its match since first the world begun.

Now can I have a copy of the source code ?

Steve.Hennity at gmail dot com
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
How can I say no to that? 🙂

I am having it reviewed and will have it posted by the end of the week.

Thank you very much for your patience, and for the nice poem.

Julie
0 Kudos
SteveTest
New Contributor
You're welcome Julie and thanks for the good news!

Steve
0 Kudos