'Go Electric'  Sample App

04-14-2011 01:55 AM
SteveTest
New Contributor
I'm really looking forward to digging into the techniques of this sample app shown on front-page video.

Is it available? Will it be available soon?

Thanks
Steve
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
43 Replies
DavidStajan
New Contributor III
Hi Julie,

I remember seeing your demo at the dev submit and thinking how nice it was to see the flexviewer skined in a completely different way.  Unfortunetly I'm like most GIS developers and I struggle trying to use software like catalyst as I have never had any training.  It would be nice to have a designer's door to knock on.

Either way I would also love to see the source code and get an idea on how you skined the app.  The Flex 4 skinning concept is a bit challaging to wrap my head around so I think checking your code out would help. Can you make the link available in this thread when you have posted it. 

Thanks,

DaviD
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
Hi All,

I have posted the code here:
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=26747add0aa6412c8b91975087d9cb73

The zip download includes the built application, source code for the customized viewer, and also the original 'go electric' fxp project file that was created by the graphic designer using Catalyst (so that you can see what I started with and how I integrated the design). I also wrote a document describing how everything was integrated which is also part of the download.

If any of you will be at the International User Conference in July, I have 3 sessions that will cover customization/extension of the viewer. This time I will take customization a step further & show how you can configure the application for different user profiles, as well as different platforms (do an agenda search, and use my name as the key word - Julie Powell). Hope to see you there 🙂

Best of luck,
Julie
0 Kudos
Nik_Mohd_FadhilNik_Mohd_Kamil
New Contributor III
I can't wait to explore it! Thanks Julie!
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for posting the sample Julie!  And a special thank you to Steve, for his creative genius in the above post on May 5 (you crack me up man!).

Julie the compiled flex code is nice, but would you be willing to provide the source flex code so we can pick it apart a little more?

Thanks,
Frank
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
The code is actually there... Look for "FlexViewerGoElectricDemo.fxp" under the code folder - it is a Flash Builder project file.

Julie
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Thanks, I'm I was looking for a zip or something.  Fxp, learn something everyday!!
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
When I import the flash builder project into flashbuilder 4.5 file FlexViewerGoElectricDemo.fxp I get three errors:

1) 1152: A conflict exists with inherited definition spark.components.supportClasses:ButtonBase.iconDisplay in namespace public.    IconButton.as    /FlexViewerGoElectricDemo/src/com/esri/viewer/components/findplace    line 11    Flex Problem

2) 1152: A conflict exists with inherited definition spark.components.supportClasses:ButtonBase.iconDisplay in namespace public.    IconButton.as    /FlexViewerGoElectricDemo/src/com/esri/viewer/components/findplace    line 11    Flex Problem

2) Multiple definitions for state 'normal'.    BaseMapSwitcherWidget.mxml    /FlexViewerGoElectricDemo/src/widgets/BaseMapSwitcher    line 139    Flex Problem

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
JuliePowell
Esri Contributor
When the sample was built, we were on version 2.2 of the viewer, and version 4.0 of the Flex sdk. If you update your project settings to use the 4.0 sdk the errors should go away.
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
I've changed the SDK to 4.0 and it seem to build without error, however when it launches firefox it opens up a site called:
http://www.juliep.com/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will update my post for others that might run into this:

By default the "Output Folder URL" is set to: http://juliep/demos/goelectric

I needed to go into the properties for the project and edit the Flex Build  Path section, to reflect your own Output Folder URL.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Frank
0 Kudos
francescodi_vito
New Contributor
Hi Julie,
splendid application. Great work. But is it available also the others  custom applications that i saw in the video of devSummit?
great works
0 Kudos