How to include pops in print or export

Jump to solution
09-16-2014 10:32 AM
BrianKang
New Contributor II

Hello all - I would like to export or print the parcel attributes in a pop up window from a search result.  When I use the flex print widget it doesn't include any popups.  Are are any solutions?  I'm using Flex 3.6, Thanks, Brian!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Roberts Export map widget gives you that option as long as the popup window doesn't have image medias in it.

It lets you save to an image that can be printed.

R_

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=12430e982e534fdabe15635828405e45

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Roberts Export map widget gives you that option as long as the popup window doesn't have image medias in it.

It lets you save to an image that can be printed.

R_

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=12430e982e534fdabe15635828405e45

0 Kudos
BrianKang
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did find that widget.  My users are confused with the standard "Print" widget and roberts export map widget and when to use what.  Also users have a hard time finding "export" icon because it is not with the other widget tools. I don't want my users to go thru multiple steps to print out a simple map with attributes.  Also when a user zooms to parcel, which is usually below bing's 1128 scale, there's no aerial.

1. My solution was to create a ArcMap Data Driven pages project based on parcel number.
  2. Here I'm able to create a great looking property report and insert data driven attribute tags to get all the attributes
  3. Also the Bing aerial displays.
  4. Export all to individual pdfs and place on the public server.
  5. Create a field in parcel layer called "prop_link" and populate with URL location of the pdfs.
  6. In the flexviewer make the "prop_link" a hyperlink to newly created property report.

I know this only solves my property report issue but this is the number one request people do every day.  I'm amazed how printing and the flexviewer is not a easy task, i thought this was out of the box!

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

You can go into the exportmap.xml and change the icon to "assets/images/i_print.png".  this will give you the normal print icon for the export map, then you can move it up near the header and remove the normal print icon.  this would only give them one option for printing.

Not ideal, but a little less confusing.

Just tested, you can actually move the widget tag for the export map below the headercontroller tag and move it until it shows up where the normal print icon would be.

R_

0 Kudos